Wednesday, July 15, 2015

imi [Hongdae cafe]

It's been a while since I posted! I am indeed now in Seoul, but have been too busy to write up a decent blog post. However, I do regularly post small updates on my facebook page, so please give me a like if you haven't already!

I'm still working on the video tour of where I'm staying now, but until then I thought I'd post a review of a cafe I recently went to. The photos were all taken on my phone, so please bear with me ^^;

I liked this place because it wasn't crowded and the decor was simple, yet quirky and had personality! The name of the cafe is imi and it's located in Hongdae. 




Such beautiful cakes! I definitely want to go back to imi because they had such an interesting selection of pastries and beverages. 


What are these? I didn't get close enough to look, but they seemed to be books or zines. This wall seemed like kind of a focal point for me because it was so colorful!


Since it was really hot that day, we came for 팥빙수 (patbingsoo), or 빙수 (bingsoo) for short. 빙수 is THE dessert in Korea to eat during hot summer days. The main ingredient is ice flakes, covered with a variety of toppings depending on the flavor you buy, such as fruit, oreo, adzuki beans, ice cream, and more!


The 빙수 at imi was slightly different than most. The texture of the ice was much more fine and small (most poeple in Korea tend to prefer 빙수 with finer ice, closer to Taiwanese shaved ice) and it seemed that pureed fruit was mixed loosely with the ice rather than sitting on top. We bought an orange (left) and pineapple (right) 빙수. It was also covered in a thick layer of whipped cream, yum! I can't recall if they had other flavors, but I'll definitely be going back for it again and to try new things on the menu. 



imi
서울시 마포구 동교동 201-10
201-10 Donggyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
+82 02-6368-5228

No comments:

Post a Comment